Saturday, January 21, 2012


Getting Avery's birthday party in order every year never fails to stress me out. This year we're doing Chuck E Cheese. There were 8 kids invited, and 1 couldn't come, yet somehow now there the kid tally is at 12. *sigh* I'm going to stop thinking about it for tonight.

The other thing that has my mind in a tangle is that Sam is gone. Sam was a 20 year old Apaloosa owned by Cheri's neighbor Carol. He's been the go to horse for therapy ever since I started helping at the farm. His personality was so sweet and laid back, you couldn't ask for a better horse. Besides working with the therapy kids, he was the first horse I climbed on for an impromptu riding lesson. He dealt with my hands, legs, and eyes all telling him different things and somehow could still figure out what I was trying to get him to do. So when I got the text from Cheri saying Sam had passed away I couldn't believe it. They found him down in the morning and managed to get him to the hospital where he was diagnosed with acute peritonitis. I wish I could have given him one more hug and a kiss on the nose and told him what a wonderful horse he was and how much he meant to me. This coming from a person who doesn't own him, or even live there! I can't imagine how Cheri, Carol and Terry feel. Dear, sweet Sam, you are so loved, and so missed.

No comments: