Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Tomorrow is Avery's field trip to Saxon Lanes for bowling with her class. I'm meeting them there and I get to be in charge of a lane and finding the kids their shoes. I wish there was a way I could go on these things without having to look after the other kids...ah well.

The music program was quite cute, but the gym was very crowded and there wasn't enough places for people to park. Avery had a afternoon performance so she wore her outfit of "a plain red shirt, and dark bottoms" to school. I asked her to try a little harder to stay clean, but I know accidents happen so just do your best. Well when I picked her up from Friendship she was literally soaked all the way through to her underwear. Her coat, snow pants, and boots sopping wet, because she was laying in puddles outside. Even her hair was wet, and she smelled like a wet dog. Riley, her friend went home the same way as did some other kids. So what I'm wondering is, why were the people in charge letting them do this?? Today they didn't even go out for recess because it was just too wet. I wish the idiots at Friendship would have thought of that. We had a different pair of pants to change her into, put her shirt had to sit under the fan in the kitchen until we had to leave. Oh socks and underwear were changed also. Her boots have been sitting on a plastic bag under the fan ever since, and they're still not dry. I bought her some rain boots at Fleet Farm today and she'll be wearing those until her winter boots dry out. I also got her a Carhart style jacket to have embroidered with the Pine Lake logo to wear at the farm. It's light blue and lined with fleece. I'll take pictures once all the embroidery is done.

No comments: