Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Things I've learned about/with Geronimo:
-He likes to be picked up like a dog or cat, not a bunny (meaning scooped up, not scruffed)
-He thinks me talking on the phone near him is unacceptable and will stomp constantly (mom can attest to this)
-The small cat litter box I got for him as a secondary box is a bit to high and when he jumps out he makes a giant mess
-He doesn't enjoy being in the bathroom while I take a shower (which is how I discovered the last point)

See I put him in the bathroom with me because he has been on cage-arrest since the peed on my books. I felt bad about him being in there so much, but I need to retrain him on his litterbox skills. It appears that I gave him too much freedom, too soon. So now we're going back and taking baby steps. In order to do this I need to order some gates to block off the kitchen, which will be his first free roam area. Once he can master the litter box while being out in the kitchen, and messes are easy to clean up, then we can move on to other rooms. But until I get the gates, he's on house arrest. Makes sense no? Anyway, the bathroom was a bad choice. Moving on.

-He loves to hop right up to other animals to investigate. This usually ticks off Majik or Riley, but Geronimo seems to quite enjoy the interaction. Fearless bun!
-He will pick the cauliflower out of a mix of it with broccoli. It's okay, I think it's gross, and stinky, too.
-His belly and underside of his tail is all white. You don't get to see it often, except when he's grooming himself. It's cute!

There's more, but this post is probably boring to everyone but me. So now I'll go to bed. =)

No comments: