Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Riley wants me to go to bed, so I guess I'll make this quick. (Demanding little dog!!) This morning I got Avery up with promises of Valentines goodies at the kitchen table. She was tired because she was up at least 4 times last night asking to sleep with me. She's slept with me the last 3 days, so I told her I needed a night to myself, to you know, actually sleep. Anyway she was tired this morning, but she happily opened her Valentine and other gifts. It took her awhile to finish her oatmeal, as is the trend on days that she's excited for. I got her off to school, and headed to work.

I picked her up from Friendship Connection a little early so we'd have more time at home for her to play before dance. This turned out to be the wrong choice. She was in tears because she didn't have long enough to play. So for the second time now, she was mad at me for picking her up early. By the time we made the 2 minute drive home she was okay, but geez she's going to give me a complex. I suppose I should be glad she likes Friendship that much.

So we got home and went over the bag of Valentines she got at school. I was allowed to have some cheddar blasted goldfish from Austin. Delicious indeed. I decided we needed IHOP for dinner so we hurried out there before dance. I got an iced coffee that left my stomach a little less than happy, but I'm glad to say I've made a full recovery. ;)

Avery has told me numerous times now she doesn't want to do dance anymore. That she just wants to stay home, and on dance nights she's too tired. I told her she had to finish out the year, and that we could talk about it again later. She has fun at dance, and she loves the recital, but getting her to the practices is always a challenge. So I'm debating the merits of keeping her in it, or letting her quit. She has wanted to try gymnastics but I've said no because she already has horseback riding, swimming, and dance. So maybe she could try that if she quits dance? I don't know. I guess we'll see how it all works out.

No comments: