Saturday, February 4, 2012

Chuck E Cheese is a lesson in patience. I think I failed. However I'm fairly sure Avery was pleased with the day so we can call it a success. This morning flew by and before I knew it we had to go to Costco to pick up the cake and head out to West St. Paul for the party. We got there a little early, so I swung by the Starbucks on the corner, where they gave me the wrong drink and because it took so long to get in the first place, I didn't have time to turn around and go fix. Anyway, we got there and it was a zoo. The party planner that was included with the fee of the party was working on numerous groups besides ours, and we ended up with hungry kids, and parents. It was pretty unstructured and the kids ran amok. I wanted to run away. I refrained. Barely.

After a visit from Chuck E., cake, presents, and more games we finally stumbled back out into the real world. I got the correct drink from Starbucks and we went home with Tierney as well. They spent the rest of the day playing and alternately fighting over dumb stuff. Thank god I didn't have twins. Two 7 year olds are enough to drive me to drink. They're finally in bed now. Tierney is a asleep but Avery is finding every reason under the sun to get up.

Yesterday (the official birthday) I picked Ave up from school and she opened a few presents before we went to Osaka at 5:30 for dinner. We were there until almost 8. It was a drawn out process that involved a lot of waiting and mistakes. But once again, Avery went home happy so it's all okay. She opened more presents when we got home and we had cupcakes from Cupcake. Our selections were mocha, chai tea, lemon sunshine, have a nice day, tree hugger, and the June Cleaver. Check out their website and take a look at the beautiful cupcakes!

Tomorrow after lunch when I drop Tierney off, and Avery goes to Tim's this is what I have planned: a nap, followed by leisurely sipping coffee and reading. Bliss.

No comments: