Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Boredom sets in

So its officially been 2 weeks since surgery now and I am officially bored. Since I've been feeling better (not even taking pain meds for a few days now) I am more dissatisfied to sit in my bed all day. Sleep is awful. I have to sleep on my back, and on top of my comforter and sheets. I just have a fleece blanket I use but I might try under the normal covers again soon. Before it was too tight and restricting on my leg. I get really sore from not moving all night, and I usually can't fall asleep until waaaay late like 3. Then I sleep till noon, and the same pattern repeats. No good. Yesterday I finally got to sleep around 11:30 as I had taken some ambien but I woke up repeatedly and was up for good at 9. Hopefully tonight I can sleep a normal night through. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

I also got a wheelchair yesterday. However they had me put down as 5'2. Which is a far cry from my 5'8. The foot pedal was too short and the height of the wheelchair itself was way low to the ground. I called back and my mom is picking up the right size today. She's also picking up Tierney so we'll see how that goes. Cece has been here the last two days and thats alls a blast. *sarcasm*

So I have nothing going on until a week from today when I have my next doctors appt and possibly start physical therapy. I have no idea how I'm going to entertain myself for that period of time. I've watched so many movies and shows, read, and did puzzles, I just need to get out! And you know, walking would be nice. Blah.

No comments: