For those who were wondering, the actual name of the surgery was: right knee extensor realignment proximal and distal with tubercle shaft. So basically moving my kneecap to where it should be and screwing it there. Hehe. I have my appointment today at 3pm. I'll let you know how it goes later.
Well I'm home after a rather disappointing day. We loaded Avery and myself into the back seat (which didn't quite work all that well) and went off to see the doc. We waited almost 40 minutes past our appt time all for me to find out that I have to sit tight for another 3 weeks before we even start therapy. I got a refill for my muscle relaxers that help me sleep, and adjusted my brace so that I can move my leg 30 degrees. (Which is really nothing). I got the paperwork for a handicap parking pass and when we got to the DMV at 4:40 we found out that the secretary hadn't filled out everything she needed too and they couldn't give it to us. So now my mom has to go back and get that done correctly so we can make another trip to the DMV which we all know is so much fun. It was a rotten time and I was ready to go home but decided to go on as planned because there was no point in moping at home.
We went to Kohls to find some outfits for Freya (my neice's sister) as its her 2nd birthday party on Sunday. We were told not to buy toys as they have enough, even though they've thrown away all the other toys we've bought for the kids in the past 4 years. Whatever. After that we went to a chinese place kitty corner to Kohls in Woodbury and ate. It was quite good, but kind of expensive. After that a quick stop home, then to Target to get my prescription filled and finish off Avery's clothes shopping.
Now I'm home, still crabby and not sure how I'm going to make it through another 3 weeks of sitting in bed. If I could shop all the time that would be great. But I'll run out of money quickly that way. Maybe I should start a boredom fund for myself. Donate money for me to shop so I won't die of boredom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment