After the last post the next day the pain from the adjustment had abated. Only a new problem popped up and that was I was feeling very sick indeed from my lack of intestinal movement (if you get my drift). The doctors failed to inform me that narcotics would cause constipation. You should take something like Miralax or something of the sort the whole time you're one it. So I hadn't and it had been on day 10 before all the medicine and pills I put in my system finally decided to work. So I'm still dealing with the repercussions of taking all the "aids". Pleasant no? In other ways though I'm doing better. I went to the piercing shop Friday and had all my jewelry put back in that I couldn't do myself and that went well. I stood at the counter for a minute or two without too much pain on my crutches.
Today I was able to get up this morning and stand at the sink and brush my teeth, wash my face, put in my contacts and put a pony tail in before needing to lay back down. So hopefully I'll just keep progressing. I'm also hoping to get a wheel chair with a leg attachment (to hold my leg straight out) from Goodwill Medical Services but so far there are none in stock. I have a normal wheel chair from Tim's grandpa but the foot pedals don't work for what I need. If I do get one I'll be able to actually go to a store and shop around, sit in class comfortably next week, etc. Maybe even the State Fair? Keep your fingers crossed for me getting a chair quickly! I'd really like to get back out into the world outside my bedroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment