Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Birthdays

Tim's birthday was August 3rd and we celebrated by going out to Snuffy's for dinner and malts. It was yummy! My birthday was August 7th and we went to Pinz (with the intention of bowling eventually) and ate at Harvey's which is the restaurant inside. Most of the people invited didn't show up, so for awhile it was just me, Tim, Lorna and Chris, and Sarah. My mom brought Avery over after she got home from Robin's and we opened presents and then played in the arcade for a little bit. Avery was pretty tired so she went home. Shortly after, Lorna, Chris and Tim left. Jen and Tristan showed up and we moved on over to TGI Fridays in Maplewood where Andrea and Peter came. We had a super snotty waitress, finally got our drinks and hung out for a bit. I had a grasshopper that was blended with ice, and it was so chunky I couldn't drink it out of a straw. I was slightly disappointed. An old coworker from Southview (Schelle) also came out a little while later, and at the end it was Sara, Schelle and I just talking till Fridays closed. It turned out to be a decent birthday after all.

This week has been kind of busy with doctors appointments and preparations for surgery. I also have been talking to a realtor and mortgage broker about getting my own place. I had my eyes on a little house in Maplewood by Weaver Elementary school and it was only on the market for 9 days before someone bought it. I'm a little disappointed, but hopefully I'll find something similar or even better in that price range. I have an appointment with the mortgage guy on Monday and the realtor is sending me some houses to look at tomorrow. So I'll be able to pour over that stuff while I'm laid up from the surgery!

No comments: