Thursday, July 9, 2009
Hello Honey & Ella
Today we added to our furry friends with Honey (a light tan dumbo eared rat) and Ella (a blue hooded rat). Ella is short for Cinderella and Avery named them both. I have been waiting for a blue dumbo from Har Mar Pet Shop for over a month, so I have given up on them and went to a pet shop in Maplewood where Avery selected 2 that were to her liking. They're quite young and very skittish but hopefully they'll settle down after a few days in their new home. I have had the supplies (bedding, food, treats) for the past few weeks and the cage I have used for rats in the past so we were all ready for them when they came home. The only thing we're missing is a water bottle. I plan to pick up one tomorrow after work, but in the meantime its just in a dish if they venture up to the top level of their cage. All in all, a very exciting night for Avery. It wasn't really planned, but it worked out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment