This week is Avery's Gale Farm camp. She started Monday and went in the morning to Grandma Robin's and came home after to go to her first swimming lesson. She said she rode on a tractor in the back with seats but that was about all I could get out of her. Oh and she had a snack of broccoli and carrots in dip.
Swimming was interesting, as she flat out refused to do some of the things the teacher instructed us to do, such as touch our ear, then nose and other ear to the water, and blow bubbles etc. She didn't want to get her face near the water. But she LOVED jumping into my arms from the edge. It's more of a water acclimation class than actual swim lessons, but I'm glad I went with this one because with Avery and her separation anxiety lately would not have permitted me to leave her on her own for the class as required for the next level. We have until the end of July to get her ready for that, thankfully.
Tomorrow is my dad's birthday so she'll be home after camp again. I got him REO Speedwagon tickets to put in Avery's card to him, so that should be a fun surprise. Then Sunday is father's day and I couldn't afford anything exciting for that. That's how it goes having your birthday so close to another holiday though I suppose! Good thing mines in the middle of a whole lotta nothing!
The main point of this post is I'm without Avery for most of a week and its just weird! The house is too quiet. Good thing its only for this week. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment