The birthday party went off with only a few hitches, nothing too major. I learned a few things that day. The first being that next time Avery wants to go to a place like SkyZone where they charge you for the number of kids attending and then a short time in a "party" room, or in this case a table outside the party room we will just go to the place, pay for the kids individually and then go to a restaurant for eating and presents elsewhere. We only had 40 minutes for the kids to get their jumping shoes off and their own shoes back on, then eat pizza and cake. There wasn't time to open presents so we had to take those to Grandma and Grandpa's to open at our own leisure. It all worked out though, the kids had a lot of fun and Avery was happy.
Tierney came over afterward and Avery stayed at Gram and Gramps to play. I went home and took a much needed nap before making the whipped cream frosting for the confetti angel food cake I had made the night before. Then we met at Pizza Ranch where the Super Bowl game started and Avery was half asleep from her long day of playing. Afterward we came home and opened presents from Grandma and Grandpa and myself. She got all that she wanted and more and she began to open all the packages and play with her new things while Grandpa watched the football game and helped me fix my lamp.
Monday morning Riley had his appointment for his dental and lump removal of the pea sized little skin lump on his right ear. I dropped him off with Avery before taking her to school. By 11:30 he was done and recovering. His gums were a little inflamed, but no extractions were needed and no loose teeth. The ear bled a lot, but they put a mesh type piece over it to help the scab form and it has been just fine ever since. I picked him up after getting Avery at school around 3:30. He was still kind of groggy and whimpery, but was walking around fine and wanting to go home. We stayed home till 4 and then I dropped Avery off for swimming with Tim and I went to my kickboxing class at the gym. I worried a little bit that Sierra might try to start a fight with Riley in his weakened state so I called my neighbor Kenny and asked him to pop in and check on them to make sure all was well. Riley had thrown up a little but everything else was good. When I got home at 5:45 everything was hunky dory. After sleeping off all the ill effects of the day, he was back to normal this morning. The ear looks good and he's taking his medicine like a champ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment