So yesterday we stopped at RM Tack to see a corgi that was Louey's (lived at Pine Lake until he had a car accident) momma. She had to be spayed when the last litter of puppies didn't survive. They were looking for a good home for her to go to, for free! So I told my mom about her because she thought Louey was awesome too. We went to meet her and it was pretty much love at first sight. She is so amazingly calm, sweet, and adorable. She gave kisses (but not sloppy, nasty ones) an squirmed her way onto the laps of everyone, including Avery. She loves belly rubs and "talks" in a warble-y growl when you do it.
So we brought her home and gave her a bath (she was pretty dusty from living outside) and while she didn't enjoy it, she held still and let us do what we needed to for about a half hour! Then we rubbed her down and let her explore the apartment. She did fine with Riley and Rafferty and even Majik (who isn't a fan of all these dogs showing up). Mom brushed her for ages, she's very tuft-y like Tasha was when she blew her winter coat. So there was lots of fur to be had, and she tolerated that too.
Next stop was my parents house to meet Napoleon who's buddy she was intended to be. She followed him around, sniffing and being a good girl. Poor Polee though was a bit nervous. He really doesn't know how to act around other dogs, so he was just trying to hide. My dad took Napoleon's side of course and was concerned for him. So Sierra and I went outside and had dinner, then I brushed and brushed her some more. I brought her home with me and the kennel Riley used at my parents house.
After a long day she got a little growly at Riley when he started yelping from his collar. I put her in a little time out in my bedroom after she jumped on him and did a mini-attack. Nobody was hurt but I wanted her to have a break from the chaos. When I brought her back out, she slept on the right side of the couch, Riley on the left while I watched Dog Whisperer until midnight and finally went to bed.
She slept all night in her kennel without so much as a peep. I let her out and she followed me outside. She was little hesitant to go potty, but then I brought Rafferty out and he peed on the rocks where she decided, oh yeah that's a good idea. I put them back inside and was picking up the towels from her bath yesterday hanging on the chairs outside when Rafferty decided to make a break for it. I chased him down the street and when I looked back, Sierra was running as fast as her little legs could carry her, after me. I caught Rafferty, she stopped to potty on someones lawn and then she trotted along beside me all the way back home.
Yep, I love her. It's a fact.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment