Saturday, September 20, 2008

Teeth!

My weekend has consisted of life revolving around my mouth. Friday at 2:45 I headed over to the oral surgeon to be there for my 3:15 appointment. I filled out my paperwork and proceeded to sit in the waiting room until 4:35 with my mom. I had a smashing headache as I hadn't eaten since 9:15 in the morning. Nor any water because those are the rules. Lame. So I waited and waited, with my head smashing and then I finally get called back. They knock me out, take all my wisdom teeth (4 little lovelys) and ship me on my way home fairly foggy and not really remembering any of the trip.

I attempted to eat soup but I didn't want it, even though I hadn't eaten all day. So I couldn't take my pain meds on an empty stomach. I slept most of the day away and remained fairly out of it. I hate the way novacaine makes my mouth and tongue feel all puffy and tingly. Its the worst. That finally went away around midnight. Around 2 I took some tylenol they prescribed and thats all I've taken throughout the day and I've done okay on that.

Eating still is pretty blah, even with soft stuff it hurts going past the areas where my teeth were. So today's food has consisted of oatmeal, pudding, jello, cottage cheese, mashed potatoes, and ice cream.

Avery is at Tim's today but she stopped by to play with Tierney for a hour or two since she's here. Tomorrow is Ashley's (Tim's cousin) birthday party so we're going to that but thats pretty much all the excitement for the weekend. Only problem is I won't be able to eat any of the food! Oral surgery= unintentional diet. Joy.

No comments: