Sunday, February 8, 2015

Birthday party 2015

I'm pretty bad at this blogging business, considering I haven't posted anything in almost 2 years and even prior to that it was pretty sporadic. Oh well. Tomorrow is Avery's 10th birthday party at the Oval in Roseville. She'll be going ice skating which should be interesting since over half of us don't really know how to skate. I think it will be a lot of fun though and everyone is looking forward to it.

I just can't believe it's been 10 years since she was born. That's a long time! She's in 4th grade. It still kind of blows my mind and she just keeps on getting older. Luckily she still loves her momma and we can go do fun things together. We went riding today in Baldwin which we've been doing for almost 5 years now. She has become such a great little rider and she loves all the animals dearly. She's so much like me it's kind of ridiculous sometimes.

Other updates: she's been playing the violin since a camp she went to last summer in August. It's still pretty rough listening to practice, but she's getting there. They also started playing the recorder for music class and that's pretty much just torture.

For riding she was inseparable from Lilly until her death last year. Then she tried riding a pony named Miss Mae but they didn't click so she started riding Diamond. She loved him as much as I do and they did great together. However she needed to challenge herself a little bit more to keep improving and Diamond is an older guy now who can't do a lot of jumping so she just started with Rusty the past few weeks. She's still getting used to him but they're doing pretty well and probably will stick together. I've been riding Toby the Bashkir Curly that I thought was super annoying before but now I actually like a lot. It's fun to be able to ride in Avery's lessons when I'm on break from therapy.

Tim takes Avery's to dance on Monday nights currently since I work until 5:30 now. She's doing tap, ballet and jazz. Lessons went from an hour to an hour and a half this year. Since I don't get to see lessons, it will be fun to see the show this spring.

During the summer she still takes swimming lessons at Foss. She would like to do it more often, however it's in Woodbury and it's pretty darn expensive. So for now we're limited to camps during the summer.

Anyway she's a busy kid and I'm a busy mom. But we both get to do things we love with the people we love so it all works out pretty well. And that's our life in a nutshell for now. =)

No comments: