My poor sick girly is in bed now and hopefully will sleep through the night. This morning around 2:30 am she yelled to me that she was too hot. I told her to push off the down comforter that she got for Christmas. She then started coughing, crying and had a bloody nose. So we got up, stopped the bloody nose (not too bad of one, the humidifiers mostly do their job) and took 2 puffs of the albuterol inhaler. She calmed down but was absolutely burning up. I brought her out to the couch and took her temperature and it was 102.5 so I gave her some advil right away. She just wanted to lay on the couch with the tv on but the volume so low you pretty much couldn't hear it. I cleaned up the bathroom and putzed around a bit before I checked her temp again in about 20 min. It was around 100, so it was coming down. After letting Mom know I'd need her for a few hours in the morning so I could run in to work, I went back to sleep.
When I got up at 7:40 (which was no easy feat) I checked her temp again and it was normal. She was feeling okay and watched some cartoons while I got ready. I went to work and came home at noon. She was doing pretty good, had some food and Gatorade in her and we played some games. I checked her temp around 1 and it was back up so I gave her more advil. She still felt okay and we went to Walmart to get some more Gatorade and Madagascar 3 from red box. Around 4 she started feeling hot again. Her fever was back and at 102.6. She watched the movie quietly and looked fairly blah. I called the doctors office because it was too soon to give her more advil and I couldn't remember what temperature kids had to have before it was considered dangerous. They said I could alternate the advil with tylenol every 3-4 hours in between the 6-8 of advil. She didn't need to come in yet. So we did, and it's staying around 101. I've been trying to get her to eat and drink but she doesn't really feel like it. She did have some fruit snacks and a bowl of ice cream. Better than nothing I figure!
She had a bath and laid on the couch for the rest of the night. Now she's sleeping so I'm going to watch Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows that I got for myself at red box. We'll see how it all goes, and hopefully she's feeling better in the morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment