Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Today started with me discovering the bathtub had backed up overnight and flooded my bathroom and into the hallway. The carpet was soggy for a few steps into the hallway. Management brought a industrial floor fan to dry it up and sent someone to snake the tub. AGAIN. I don't know how many times I've had that done since I moved in, but I think this was the third or fourth time. I could deal with not having that ever happen again...

I had a doctors appointment to get a birth control implant called Implanon this morning too. I went in, paid my $20 copay only to find out they hadn't actually set up the procedure, only a consult. So I was kind of angry because I didn't want to have to pay another $20 copay to come back another time to have it put in, when I was there for it then. So they worked me into the schedule but I had to come back in an hour. I putzed around at Target and came back. I didn't really know how big it was going to be, but it turns out it's the size of a matchstick. Quite large really! It's just under the skin so I can feel it, and that's kind of weird. It's good for 3 years though, and I won't have to make the every 3 month trip to the doc for a depo shot. I have a pressure bandage on that I have to keep on until tomorrow, and then I have to keep the bandaid underneath it on for 5 days. Oh and I could have a sizable bruise come tomorrow.

So due to this I was told not to go to my boxing class at the gym. I instead went to my parents house and did laundry, balanced the checkbook, and vacuumed my car. Then I sat out on the patio and read until my hair appointment. It's official, my hair has been altered after over 10 years of black and blonde. It was scary, but the blonde was so unhealthy I needed to make a change to get it back in shape. So now it's black and red. The red is kind of rusty colored right now, and that was expected since the blonde was so bleached out. The next session in 3 weeks should bring it to the darker red/burgundy color I'm looking for. It's a big change. I'll be honest, I don't like it right now, but I'm hoping I will eventually. *sigh* I hate change!!

No comments: