Como Zoo field trip number two. Last year Castle's kindergarten class went and now this year at Little Canada the first graders. It was about 80 degrees so it was a bit warm, but not deathly so. I had Avery's friend Riley (who drives me a little crazy), Grace and Leticia. They all did pretty well actually, each with their own issue or two, but overall not bad. Leticia had a hard time keeping up and staying with the group, Riley had to comment on how everything stunk, or how monkeys pee on the glass and they're gross, etc etc, and Grace decided to stop a few rides by raising her hand when not entirely necessary. Avery threw a minor fit after they wouldn't let her on the tornado ride even though she was probably only half an inch too short. It was toward the end of the day and she was getting hot and tired anyway. So the bus picked up the rest of the kids and we could have gone back in, but Avery was tired so we just left.
We stopped at Dairy Queen on the way back and got some ice cream. After an hour nap for me we headed to the park for a few minutes before we had to eat and leave for dance. I brought the dog brushes and got rid of some excess fur on both Sierra and Riley. I could have combed for hours. Those dogs have so much hair! Especially Sierra.
This was the last night of dance for Avery before her recital on Saturday. We're still not sure if she's going to do it in the fall or not. She wants to try gymnastics, sometimes she says she still wants to dance, and sometimes she doesn't want to do anything. We'll reassess in the fall. Her coordination and timing with dance isn't great, and I don't know if it will get better or not. I'm not good at any of that myself so maybe she inherited my gracelessness. Gymnastics might be a better fit for her energy level, but then again she's done dance for 3 years now and it'd be neat for her to stick with it as she got older. So I'm not sure what to do on that account either.
Next week swimming lessons start twice a week for four weeks. Then she'll need to go on for the next camp of four weeks, but I'll have to figure out how to get another $130. Money money money!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment