Sunday, November 30, 2008

Neillsville Trip

Sleeping in till 1:30 today helped defray the stress of yesterdays "festivities". We left for WI at 8:15ish, and I got up around 7:30. Avery was comatose in bed next to me until approximately 8:00. She opted to not get a bath and stay in her pajamas in lieu of a little more sleep. My mom rode in the back in between the two booster seats. They didn't sleep a wink on the way there. We made it by about 10:30 and no one was killed.

The family members in attendance included my cousin Jamie and her husband Nick, their baby Braxton, my cousin Matt, my Aunt Lisa, Uncle Doug, Aunt Donna, Grandma, Grandpa and Great Uncle... spacing on the name right now. So it was pretty full in my grandparents house. Tierney and Avery were munching on white chocolate pretzels, chocolate stars, chocolate covered raisins, and chex mix like there was no tomorrow. They managed to eat a small portion of lunch, but thats not what they were really interested in.

I watched the Little Mermaid, 101 Dalmations, and Pinocchio mostly by myself, as the girls were downstairs doing laps around the pool table, and slamming balls all over the table, miraculously not getting their fingers smashed in the process. My grandma found some little dolls for them to play with and my Aunt Lisa and Jamie had gotten them Tinkerbell coloring books and crayons, but they were more interested in the pink tissue paper for beds for themselves and their dolls.

I held and fed Braxton quite a bit and he's a very content little boy. He only cried once while we were there, and thats understandable because my aunt Donna was holding him. ;) I forgot my camera, so any pictures taken are on my moms. Those are few because the thing is practically falling apart and it makes for annoying picture taking.

The ride home was quiet, because the girls passed out about 10 minutes into the drive. We woke them up for McDonalds, but suprisingly Avery wasn't up for eating at all. When we got home, I plunked her in the bath, then we watched a little tv when she got her second wind and went to bed by 10.

I played around on the internet for a bit then realized I hadn't seen my cat since we got home. I shook his food canister and poured him a bowl and when he still didn't show up I found that very odd. I went to go upstairs to look for him but didn't quite make it. I fell back down and landed on my foot. I thought I might have sprained my ankle at first but its not really my ankle as much as the top of my foot. I'm not sure what I did exactly, but it still hurts today. Hopefully that will pass, I have enough medical issues with my mouth! Anyway I called for my mom when that happened and we practically tore the house apart looking for Majik. We called the neighbors that had watched the dogs, and found that Roger had played with him in the afternoon and Chris hadn't taken him to the vet or anything later in the day. He hates being outside so I just couldn't imagine him taking off. Finally when we were ready to give up for the night we heard a plain meow, as opposed to the other small sounds we had heard before. Turns out he was stuck inside, underneath the leather couch in the family room. My mom had to lift the couch while I pulled him out. After all that work I was mad at him, but really I was just happy he was okay.

And THAT was my Saturday. Lord help me if Christmas turns out similarly.

No comments: