Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Extravaganza

Let me recap the last 3 days for you. Tuesday- work till 2:30, then off to Robin's for her birthday at 4. Dinner (stir fry and parmesan cashew salad) and then presents with Robin, Steve, Tony and his current girlfriend, Avery and Tim. Home by 10, in bed by 11:30.

Wednesday- work till 1:30, nap till 3 something. To Deanna's at 4, dinner (prime rib, mashed potatoes, stuffing balls, and lots of cookies and sweets), then presents with Bob and Deanna, Dan, Carol, Ashley and Nicole, Tony, Avery and Tim. Home by 10, in bed by 11.

Thursday- no work! Slept in till 9, bath and getting ready, leave at 11 to Tim and Nancy's. Snacks of a delicious cheese ball with chipped beef and green onions, fruit, cookies, etc. Lunch (ham/turkey, stuffing, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, dinner rolls) and then presents with Tom and Lori, Trent, Tim and Nancy, Crystal and James, Emily, Bear, Grandma Alice, Avery and Tim. Whew. Home at 3, nap by 4.

Upon awakening, Tim hurried back over so Avery could start tearing into her presents here with me and my parents. She wanted to play with everything as she opened it, but we kept having to tell her "there's more, keep going!" and by the end I think she was actually getting a little worn out from opening presents. We saved her stocking for tonight because she was on present unwrapping overload. She would have played all night but she was getting tired and very sensitive (aka crying at the drop of a hat). So we went to bed by 11.

I stayed up trying to upload all these pictures from the past few days but Flickr uploader is absolutely not cooperating with me. By midnight or so I gave up and went to bed.

Around 3 Avery woke up in hysterics and came down to bed with me. Still sleeping soundly at 9 am this morning I messaged Robin and asked her to come a little bit later so she could sleep in. Around 10:30 she got up and we quick got dressed so she'd be ready for Grandma by 11. She played with some of her stuff and then off she went. I came back downstairs to work on the uploading issue again only to have the same problems. Once again I am giving up for the time being and am braving the stores to do exchanges and returns. When I get home I think it will be time to curl up on the couch and watch some Bones since I got seasons 2 and 3 from Tim that I've been waiting for!

Just for fun I'll try to list some of the goodies I got this Christmas: Bones season 2 & 3, Britney Spears- Circus cd, the Killers- Day & Age cd, books: Dewey the small town library cat who touched the world by Vicki Myron, Your Heart Belongs to Me by Dean Koontz, The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb, gift cards: Starbucks, Caribou, IHOP, Culvers, car washes, a digital picture frame, a Timbuktu bag, Paris Hilton Can-can perfume, a heated matress pad, 3 awesome sweaters, a hello kitty shirt, Black & White pants, slippers, snowmen electric candles, a red and gold glittery candle holder (which I promptly dropped and broke that night), 2 wall plaques with Harmony and Hope in chinese, a picture with a chinese scroll type thing enclosed, various good smelling tolitries, socks, annnnnnnd
I think thats all my brain can process right now. Lots of awesome stuff. Thankyou everyone!!!

No comments: