Saturday, April 12, 2008

Dan's Birthday

Okay so already I'm falling behind on this blogging thing. I'm just not good at it. Anyway today was Uncle Dan's birthday party at Grandma Deanna's. They had brought their new puppy Oliver and Avery was pretty pleased to play with him except for the one bit she got when her hand got in the way of a toy. I think she knew he didn't do it on purpose and she tried not to cry and mostly succeeded. She got to play with Nicole for awhile and that kept her pretty entertained so over all we had a good night.

Prior to that we had went to the library, where she found some older girls that were willing to play with her, however at one point one of them said "she's just a baby" and Avery goes "I'm NOT a baby, I'm a GIRL". It was pretty funny. They were a bit too loud and running all over the library so I grabbed our stuff and made a break for it.

This was all around 1:00pm because she didn't get up until noon. After Grandma Robin's on Friday she came home pooped and went to bed immediately. Then she got up around 4:15am and came into my room and told me she was awake and wanted to eat. I told her she could watch tv in the living room and come sleep with me when she was tired again but I was NOT getting up. So she snacked on cheerios and chex and watched sprout for about 2 hours and played in the living room and finally came back to bed. It was ridiculous.

She's been pretty difficult with the bed time and nap thing. For awhile she absolutely did not want to be in her bed by herself and always wanted to sleep with me or Grandma. But that wasn't going to be a happening thing so we've been doing our best not to let her sleep with us. Its been a little better, and hopefully she'll be back to tucking her in and saying goodnight and walking out without a giant crying fit.

No comments: